ACL Engineering is a premier distributor of Atlas Copco air compressor technologies. Air purity is critical for the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry and where cleanroom standards are required. Atlas Copco oil-free compressors meet and surpass strict international air certification.
100% Pure Clean Air
Atlas Copco oil-free compressors provide 100% pure, clean air that meets the ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 (2010) standard. CLASS 0 means zero risk of contamination; zero risk of damaged or unsafe products and zero risk of losses from operational downtime.
OIL-FREE AIR COMPRESSORS
Atlas Copco oil-free compressors guarantee contamination-free air to protect your manufacturing processes and safeguard the purity of the end product. Superior build, reliability and durability of these compressor systems mean that your production processes run smoothly and continuously without interruption. Maximum uptime and quality control of the end product, ensure better performance reducing the overall cost of ownership.
The range includes models to suit all environments, air-cooled or water injected, small footprint or industrial scale – all with outstanding energy efficiency.
Use of air compressors in the pharmaceuticals and surgical industries
Compressed air has many uses throughout pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical production and manufacturing processes:
- Process Air – Direct contact means that Class 0, oil-free, compressed air must be used to clean and remove moisture from the packaging, bottle, tubes or cans to prevent the risk of contamination.
- Service Air – Used for the operation of valves, sorting, polishing etc… in the production process.
- Manufacturing – Mixing, granulation, drying, pressing, coating and packaging of tablets and capsules (requires Class 0 air).
- Material transportation – compressed air-driven pneumatic conveying systems used to move components along the production line.
- Nitrogen production – compressed air supplies on-site nitrogen generators.
- Fermentation – Sterile air aerates a fermenter. Pure air is vital to ensure the end product is bacteria-free and of high quality.
- Air barriers – compressed air used as a barrier to create a protected and clean area
- Wastewater treatment – Water is treated before use to avoid contamination, and after use to ensure it is suitable for reuse or release.