- ACL used the power of data logging to identify air leaks
- The central plant room fed 3 maintenance hangers for aircraft
- Originally the average air consumption was 179 Litres/sec
- This was successfully reduced to an average air consumption of 54 Litres/Sec within 12 months
- Total Savings = £75,414.00
HOW THIS WAS ACHIEVED
Firstly, we split the hangers into individual air supplies with individual machines. From this we identified 2 major underground air leaks that were not audible to the human ear, this was rectified at source. We then worked our way around, repairing air leaks to valve diaphrams and hoses, and switched of areas that were no longer in use.
Further data logging identified the exact and correct usage across all 3 hangers, resulting in 2 new air compressors being supplied and installed.
The existing air compressor was a 75kW variable speed air compressor which we replaced with a 45kW Atlas Copco VSD+, so above mentioned savings were two-fold, a) because of kW reduction and b) the identification of the air leaks.
FIND OUT HOW THE RIGHT COMPRESSOR CAN DELIVER MAJOR SAVINGS