PROJECT: 150 kW plant room refurbishment
INDUSTRY: Global manufacturer of sealing and packaging solutions
This plant room was long overdue a refresh, with two dated air compressors – one failed, the other very inefficient. A temporary compressor that had been hired to improve efficiency and provide redundancy was proving a heavy financial burden.
ACL offered a number of services, including:
- Data logging – allowing the customer to safely downgrade to lower capacity machines (2x 75 kW reduced to 2x 55 kW).
- Uninstallation and disposal of old plant, air treatment and pipework.
- Installation of new plant, air treatment and pipework.
- Partial dismantling and rebuilding of compressor house to allow removal and positioning of equipment.
- Lifting services to overcome installation obstacles, including other plant and security fences.
- Food grade oil, filtration and point-of-use desiccant dryers to provide contact air suitable for specific production requirements.
- WSE provision.
Using ACL’s engineering expertise along with proven subcontractors, we were able to deliver a total start-to-end installation despite a physically challenging location.
- Reduced plant capacity to lower capex and operating costs.
- Plant room space freed up for alternative uses if required.
- More efficient through smaller size, improved drive trains and variable speed drive technology.
- Full start-to-end installation.
- Competitively priced.